ESTNN recaps the October NA East DreamHack Open duos match.
Fifty Fortnite Battle Royale duos made it by way of a grueling stretch of competitors in October’s DreamHack Open. With a share of $200K USD up for grabs, finalists had all of the incentives required to navigate one of many hardest tournaments of Season 8 meticulously. Two preliminary heats and the Semi-Finals arrange for an eight-game gauntlet throughout 4 and a half hours. The DreamHack Open just isn’t for the faint of coronary heart.
A few of Fortnite’s finest settled into the Grand Finals, together with four-time trio Fortnite Champion Sequence (FNCS) winners 100T Arkhram and NRG EpikWhale, FaZe Cented and TSM FTX Commandment, NRG Bucke and G2 MackWood and plenty of extra. Nevertheless, just one duo might in the end name themselves the DreamHack Open champions for October. Let’s see how the competitors performed out and which staff got here out on high.
Underdogs Shonye & Smite Safe Victory
“NOT ALL THE VR ARE YOURS!” 😜
They’re 2nd in standings proper now, with a complete of 245 factors and 24 eliminations.
— DreamHack Fortnite (@DreamHackFN) October 9, 2021
The European and NA East mixture of Queasy and Bully bought out to a fast begin, securing back-to-back Victory Royales. A match win for them appeared inevitable, however the underdog staff of Shonye and Smite had different plans.
After a powerful begin, Queasy and Bully slid down the leaderboard, which paved the best way for a Shonye and Smite to come back again. In matches two and three, the 2 gamers had throwaway outings however rallied with a Victory Royale in sport 4. Shonye and Smite positioned eleventh, 4th, 18th and twenty third, coming dwelling with eliminations as well.
A little bit of luck actually helped these two take dwelling the championship, as eventual runners-up Zlem and Narwhal wanted only one extra placement to usurp Smite and Shonye. Nonetheless, a win is a win, and it was well-deserved by two surging NA East abilities.
Narwhal & Zlem Make it Fascinating
— botboi narwhal (@narwhaalbtw) October 10, 2021
After ending Semi-Finals in third, Narwhal and Zlem rode into Finals with confidence. They have been in rivalry heading into the final sport however wanted a miracle efficiency to overhaul Shonye and Smite. Narwhal and Zlem almost made fantasy a actuality with maybe their most spectacular effort of the whole match.
Shonye and Smite settled for twenty third in match quantity eight, which opened the door for Narwhal and Zlem to climb into first. Sadly, their fourth-place end left them two factors in need of victory. Yet one more placement would have secured them the match. It was an impressive end to a prolonged DreamHack Finals that remained shut till the closing moments.
Bully & Queasy Lead Early & Falter Late
THEY ARE DOMINATING! 😳
— DreamHack Fortnite (@DreamHackFN) October 9, 2021
The celebrities almost aligned for the unlikely duo of NA East and European duo of Bully and Queasy. Bully’s pure elimination potential combined nicely with Queasy’s in-game chief (IGL) position. These two began the DreamHack Open Finals with back-to-back Victory Royales and led for many of the match. The final 4 video games proved difficult for Bully and Queasy, who completed twenty seventh, eleventh, twenty seventh and twenty fourth with just one elimination to shut the competitors.
Nonetheless, it’s a formidable achievement for 2 gamers in completely completely different areas to complete fourth in essentially the most sturdy duos match of the season. Maybe we are going to see Queasy and Bully mix forces as soon as once more for the subsequent DreamHack Open. There’s an intriguing redemption arc in play if that involves fruition.
Last Leaderboard (all prize cash cut up between each gamers)
- 1st: FLu Smite, shonye1x – 398 factors ($13,500)
- 2nd: narwhal 10101010, BOTBOIZLEM – 396 factors ($8,000)
- third: Jοјi, TabzG – 357 factors ($6,600)
- 4th: FS Bully iwnl, Queasykame – 354 factors ($5,300)
- fifth: ManCity Threats, twitter userzfn – 353 factors ($4,450)
- sixth: OSPERATIE, DeRoller. – 340 factors ($3,400)
- seventh: TNG Eomzo, paper – 331 factors ($2,650)
- eighth: noob teyo, ELITE PLEGE 21VV – 327 factors ($2,350)
- ninth: Liquid STRЕTCН, NRG Edgey – 296 factors ($2,050)
- tenth: FS DEGEN, FS Αjerss – 295 factors ($1,700)
- eleventh: Voil -_-, Xcсept – 294 factors ($1,450)
- twelfth: TNG Nut., clarityG – 290 factors ($1,450)
- thirteenth: K2G Chilly, elitxe ay лол 7 – 289 factors ($1,450)
- 14th: 100T Arkhram., NRG EpikWhale5x – 249 factors ($1,450)
- fifteenth: mеro17, DТ Rise – 248 factors ($1,450)
- sixteenth: C9 nosh, TNG chukky 002 – 238 factors ($900)
- seventeenth: SEN Side., whofishy carеs – 227 factors ($900)
- 18th: JАRITO, liI child ganzo – 221 factors ($900)
- nineteenth: Falcon Andilada, Falcon Leonada – 212 factors ($900)
- twentieth: Adn 7, King Michаel – 212 factors ($900)
That concludes our protection of the NA East October DreamHack Open Finals. Tomorrow, 50 duos within the European area will look to earn the highest prize of $23K USD. Keep tuned for an entire recap of the occasions that unfold.
Featured Picture: DreamHack
The submit Fortnite: DreamHack Open NA East Recap & Results — An Underdog Story appeared first on Esports News Network | ESTNN.