It’s a new week, and that means that there’s a fresh update for us all to enjoy, as the Fortnite v12.30 patch goes live on all platforms on Tuesday, June 30, introducing a new weapon and a major change to an existing item.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 3 has been live for a few weeks, and while the first major update of the season made sweeping changes to the game, Epic haven’t sat on their hands, dropping the 13.10 update to add Firefly Jars, and a second patch on June 30.
The Flare Gun and Portable Upgrade Benches are the major inclusions in this week’s patch, and we’ve got everything you need to know about the new items.
Epic love to include new weapons for us to try out, and the v13.20 Update is no exception, with the Flare Gun finally making it’s long-awaited debut in the game.
The weapon, which holds six cartridges and deals 60 damage on a direct hit, was first spotted in the game’s files all the way back in Chapter 1, but for one reason or another never made it to the full game. Finally, though, it’s arrived, and with its ability to start fires, it is the perfect way to burn through enemy structures and send them back to the pre-game lobby.
Portable Upgrade Bench
The other major change is the to the Upgrade Bench, which can now be broken and carried around to be used whenever you need it.
Simply hit it with your harvesting tool and it will transform into floor loot, which you can pick up and place in your inventory.
Of course, no Fortnite update is complete without some bug fixes, and we have a full list of glitches addressed by Epic thanks to their official Trello board.
- ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
- Missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
- Rage Emote fire effect remaining on/near players.
- Sandstorm Outfit missing hair.
- Party Assist Update
- Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
- Slow Glider speed after redeploying in certain situations.
- XP bar can be visually incorrect while in a match.
- Fall damage from Ziplines while landing in shallow water.
- Epic & Legendary SMGs sometimes cannot be sidegraded.
- Damaging Marauders counting towards storm surge.
- Chug Splash does not heal when thrown inside of a bush.
- Supply Drops may sometimes push loot under the map.
- Consumable items don’t stay in Item Spawn Pads in Creative on mobile.